Friday, July 10, 2009

Blessings Multiply Naturally.

I am a regular attendee of the FEAST with the Light of Jesus Community.

At least since last May.

I didn’t believe in charismatic praise, nor in loud prayer, nor in a jam-packed hall of strangers greeting each other.

I liked the books of Bo, and I thought that he, together with his books, his jokes, his small entrepreneurial ventures, was trying to set up a brand new religion when I first got there.

It was all foreign to me. I was literally born and raised inside a parish setting, and under a very conservative and religious family. So you could understand how silly I felt when I first raised my hands in a different kind of worship to God.

It changed me. Inside and Out.

It was only till two Sundays ago that I was able to bring along two companions to the Feast. They were my two co-teachers, and they were not the church-going types, more so, the loud-praise and dance types. Both had their Sunday clear, so no one would lose if they spared a couple of hours inside, I thought.

The moment they stepped in, I immediately saw shock in their apparently smiling faces. They tried to sing to the foreign songs played. They tried to smile at every person smiling back at them. And out of respect, at least they stood up while everyone else was dancing madly for the Lord. At the back of my mind, “Lord, I hope they forgive me after this!”

When everything subsided, and while going back to the car, I said “Uy, thank you for joining me.” And the most unexpected answer came back at me: “Anong thank you? THANK YOU!”

Wow.

And I thought I owed them big time!

But they couldn’t stop talking about it since.

Guess what?

I did it again last Sunday. Two of my former students asked if they could tag along.

“Sure!” I said.

Then, I remembered that one of them was serving in a Christian community apart from the Catholic Church. But hey, what have I got to lose?

So there we were again. History repeated itself, and I was red-faced again with anxiety. But this time, all I said was “Bahala na si Lord.”

And right after we left the doors, I tapped them at the back and said, “Thanks for joining me.” And there it was again. They said, “Anong thank you? THANK YOU!”

And we all told our stories until we parted that afternoon.

It is just awesome how God uses such little people as you and me to become instruments of his love. Sometimes, it really makes me wonder: How worthy am I to be his disciple? Who is worthy?

And knowing that ultimately, no one is worthy, when was the last time God used you as his instrument?

1 comment:

kevin said...

juSt droPpin by..

kevIn (: