Saturday, June 20, 2009

Balik Busko

It's like a hit in the face.

Barely two months have passed since i tended my resignation letter as a teacher in Don Bosco. Together with that was the controversial broadcast that I was to leave my beloved alma mater for personal reasons, not to mention much greener pastures.

But no. It seems that a Spirit continues to haunt me. Because guess what?

I'm back.

And i feel good about it.

But not that good.

Because as July sets in, i would have to give a repeat performance for my goodbyes and valedictions.

Here's the story.

One of our co-teachers had to take a leave for family reasons. Because of that, the department immediately had to get someone who could substitute for the month of June. I was one of their options, and since i didn't have anything to do for the month, eventually, i conceded to their offer. I were to teach English 3 to Rinaldi, Rua, Variara, and Versiglia, while taking responsibility for 3 Versiglia as adviser.

Even though i was giddy with excitement of meeting new students and doing what i really love to do, at the back of my mind was a haunting thought that literally paralyzed me to the bone. What if the students dont take me seriously? What if I havent learned from my mistakes? What if I get too attached and find it difficult to leave again?

These were peircing through my gut as the memories of standing in front of total strangers entangled me.

However, as my first day arrived, everything unfolded before my very senses. The 35 young men who stood in front of me, arranged in two straight lines, were like a seamless horizon, painted with the blue and yellow of the sky and sea. Soon after, as they entered the classroom, their silence and attention were like soldiers waiting for the next instructions, as if holding on for dear life to every word that came out of my mouth. And as the day progressed, i couldnt but thank God for this opportunity which i immediately let pass after a year.

I still have seven days to be with all of them. And so far, I already feel a sense of responsibility and dedication towards them, even though i know that it wont be for long. But on second thought, I dont really have to feel nostalgic about it because I wouldnt be leaving after all. Don Bosco has always been my second home, my second family. So wherever I go, i believe that the things i have learned, the people i have met, and the relationships i have forged will always welcome me back on my next return.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sir. thanks for the week w/ us, 3 - Veriglia. That season is irreplaceable! We felt so sad, now that you'll be leavin us. I just hope your success and good health.

p.s. I've read your blog. It's vanishing! I can feel your presence in there. I wanna be like you. (: gotta go!

Migoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Migoy said...

hey, no prob! but id like to know who this is...:) send me a message in friendster or facebook. just search and type my name.:)

Mr. JuanStep said...

Hi sir! It's good that you're back even if it's only for a little while. Good luck in all of the things you'll do. Please visit us again this year, for this is our last in Don Bosco. - demanding. Haha!

Best wishes, sir!
God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hey sir!,
Thanks for all!. Thank you because you've been part of us, 3- Versiglia,

Wishing you gud luck to your life and career. Your always welcome to us. Nver change your mind when you want to get back:D.

Wish you success in every step you will make!

thanks for everything,

Bye.

Mike Gallego said...

bye sir. :)